This is a private internal webpage for the Merced Symphony. This page will have updated information about upcoming events in the 20-21 season and other information. You can also visit this page for more information.
Contractor/Librarian – Ming Luke
Videographer – Merced County of Education
March 4/5, 2020
MAX RICHTER FOUR SEASONS
Liana Berube, Violin Soloist
Ming Luke, Conductor
Magik*Magik Orchestra, Minna Choi Artistic Director
Max Richter – Recomposed Four Seasons
Various songs for City Church’s Easter Service
Thursday March 4th – 1:30-4:00pm rehearsal
Russian Center – 2450 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94115
Friday March 5th – 1:30-4:00pm rehearsal; 5:30pm and 7:00pm perfs
Merced Theater 301 W Main St, Merced, CA 95340
Music, Roster and String Seating
Copies of the music will be available for pick up from Emeryville on February 19th. Check back here for the roster and seating.
Men: Black tux black bowtie
Women: Concert black either pants or long skirt
Directions and Parking
The rehearsal on March 4th will be held at the Russian Center in San Francisco (2450 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94115). Please use street parking. For the services on March 5th both services will be at the Merced Theater 301 W Main St, Merced, CA 95340. There is plenty of parking behind the theater.
Paychecks will come from City Church. If you haven’t played for City Church, you will need to fill out a W9. Paychecks will not be issued without a W9. Please note that this is a 1099 event. By accepting this recording/streaming gig you acknowledge yourself as an independent contractor.
The material for this taping will be used for a live streaming concert on March 5th, education video to be released within the Merced schools at a future date, and for City Church’s Easter service.
- Consultation/recommendations and following common strategies of ICSOM orchestras
- Only string players indoors, no winds, brass or other instruments that would require lots of breathing in and out
- Spacing between players, no shared stands
- Masks required at all time
- Filming indoors max 45 minutes at a time in single location with time in between to circulate air
- Sanitizing of stands and other equipment
- Enforced social distancing
- Carpooling discouraged
- Test required within two weeks of the first service prior to participation